Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving, Day 2

I've tried to write about our Thanksgiving at my mom's house numerous times, but I kept giving up because words simply can't do it justice. Sooo I'm just going to throw it all out there whether it makes sense or is entertaining or not.

In one word, our day was: Crazy.

15 minutes before we ate, the scene was this:

Small kitchen. Very small kitchen.
Adam is laying on the floor, head under the sink, body completely across the entire kitchen. This is because Adam broke the faucet earlier that afternoon. Mike "ran" to the store to buy a new one, since a working kitchen sink is crucial on Thanksgiving. I say "ran" because Black Friday kept him out much longer than it typically would.
Blah blah blah blah BLAH... gah why is this story so hard to write?
So while Adam fixed the sink, we were doing the following. All at once.
Mom making mashed potatoes, stuffing
Mike carving the turkey
Melissa making sweet potatoes, cranberries
Me making peas, green beans,
Me realizing I didn't heat our rolls.
Mom realizing we didn't have gravy yet.
Me realizing I hadn't started my dessert, which needed to cook while we ate dinner.

Um where were the kids during all of this? I literally have no memory of the kids. Yikes.

So yeah. Maybe it doesn't sound crazy. Or maybe it does. Whatever. I finally got it all down in words and I am officially DONE with this post.

Oh wait, one last thing. Here's one of the only pics I got that day. And I LOVE it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That was a hysterical recount of the day!!! I'm dying! My favorite part is "I literally have no memory of the kids. Yikes." That just cracks me up!! :)