Monday, December 19, 2011

Grandma

I miss my Grandma so much it hurts.

It literally hurts.

I haven't felt this way in a long time. Weird to say, but the last time I remember feeling this way was when I felt "heartbroken". Years ago, before I was married, when I felt the literal ache of the loss of a loved one. A silly boy at the time, but I felt the pain none the less.

My heart aches. I miss her. I miss her so much. I am sad to have lost such a positive, sweet, precious role model in my life.

I've felt this way for two days now, and this is only part of the cycle. I always feel hope and joy after the heartache. I remember how lucky I was to have known her, and remember all of the wonderful times we shared. I am hopeful that I will be able to carry on her legacy. Hopeful that I will be able to make an impact on my own children and grandchildren the way that she did. Hopeful that I will live a life as full and as rich as hers.

She is a part of me, forever and always. I love her. I miss her.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am a little behind but wanted to send you some hugs. I know there will be ups and downs forever to come. I know the feeling all too well. I know she is super proud of you and your family and you will keep making her smile as she watches you all do amazing things :) Hugs!