Friday, April 29, 2011

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

The worst name for a virus EVER. I mean, really.

So, yeah, Addison has it. It's so sad. High fever (102-103) and painful sores in her mouth. Her main complaint is ear pain, but crazily enough, her ears are totally healthy... it's just deferred pain from her mouth. (no hand or feet rashes... not yet, anyway)

Poor baby. The last 2 days have been miserable. You may remember that she is TERRIBLE at taking medicine. She has gotten a little better... we no longer have to sit on top of her, and she rarely throws up after we give it to her. We still have to force it into her mouth, and force juice or water afterward to keep it down, but it has gotten easier. We *might* have also bribed her with a new toy in order to get her to take her first dose of tylenol... she was burning up and just so miserable, all we wanted was for her to be comfortable. So, yes, we bought her a new toy- a "baby princess Aurora" doll that she is in LOVE with. I actually think the doll has brought her comfort over the last two days, so judge us all you want for buying her a new toy... it was good for her!!!

In addition to missing school today, the REAL bummer here is that we had to miss cousin Abigail's 7th birthday party. It was a "royal ball" and Addison was so excited about it. I haven't told her we've missed it yet. She's going to be devastated when she finds out.

She ate her first real food again tonight- a grilled cheese sandwich. Before that all she'd had were popsicles- for an entire 2 days. So, it looks like we just might be on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed.

Edited to add: Oh my goodness, I can't believe I left out this super amazing detail: Yesterday Addison wanted to watch a movie, so I chose 4 selections and let her pick the one she wanted to watch. I picked Cinderella, some Barbie movie, The Incredibles and Troop Beverly Hills. SHE CHOSE TROOP BEVERLY HILLS! I wish everyone understood how much this means to me. I love it almost as much as I love seeing her love for dance. This movie was my FAVORITE growing up, and I still love it just as much. If you don't know this movie, you HAVE to check it out. Addison and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Troop Beverly Hills was one of my favorite movies too!!! I don't know how I can forgotten about that but I must find it now for Sheridan!