Friday, April 1, 2011

embarrassing

Last night at around 11pm, I took my nightly medicine, like I always do. I laid down in bed and couldn't get comfortable as my back was bothering me. It was right in the center of my back and it quickly escalated into a very strong pain. I thought that lying on the floor might help, but not only did it not help, it almost felt like it made it worse. I started developing other symptoms too. A burning in my chest made me think it might just be heartburn. I took a zantak and hoped for the best.

The burning in my chest increased, and my arms became tingly and numb. I couldn't catch my breath and my back pain was excruciating. I was freaking out. So was mike. At about 11:45 we decided I needed to go into the er. At times I honestly wondered if I was having a heart attack!

Mike's mom came over to stay with the kids, and mike and I headed to the er. I was in so much pain, it seriously rivaled labor. I was in tears and trying to breathe through the pain. I had such a tight grip on Mike's hand I wouldn't be surprised if I bruised it.

So, we got to the er, and they do some chest xrays, and they also gave me what they called a "gi cocktail". The pain in my back decreased as did the burning in my chest and back.

Turns out the pill I took earlier got lodged in my esophogus causing reflux which was what was causing my pain.

I went to the er for heartburn. I feel so stupid.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

Mama Best said...

At least there was good reason for the heartburn. Not just pizza or something. I'm so glad you're ok. I love you.

Andrea said...

Awe, that sucks....but so glad you're ok. I would have gone to the ER too..