Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oh no, you di-nt!

Last week, over the course of 5 days, I was asked twice if I was expecting. Like, having a baby.

OH NO YOU DI-NT!

The first occasion was stranger than the last. I had stopped, probably 2am, at a remote gas station somehere between Houston and home. I needed some pepto. (see the below post). I was at the counter, and the man asks me, "Is your husband with you?"

Um, no. I mean, "yeah, he's out there in the car with my friend."

"And your baby?" he replies. whaa?

"No, not my baby."

"Oh, so you're expecting?"

What the??? Can I just say that I was wearing my skinny jeans, a tight black tank top, and some hot heels. The heels don't matter, but I wanted to finish the picture for you. I looked cute. And not fat, if I do say so myself. Certainly not fat enough for anyone to EVER ask someone if they are PREGNANT!

So, what did I do? I paid for my pepto and left. Whatever.

THEN. Last Friday, I visited my Grandma. While I was in another room (the restroom, if you must know), I overheard Grandma's caregiver ask her, "so is this granddaughter expecting as well?" (as well as in, along with Melissa. You DO know she's expecting #4, right? It's true).

"So is this granddaughter expecting as well?"

Four days after the previous situation. A little insulting. I later told Melissa, it was hard not to cry about it. I mean, I KNOW I don't look pregnant. And anyone who would assume it's okay to ask if I am, is clearly just crazy. And that's all there is to it.

By the way, I was wearing dance pants and a tight tank top that day. No flowy tops, no poofy dresses- skin tight attire. WHATEVER.

So, what did I do? Nothing. Just came out and talked with my Grandma.

But I SWEAR. If someone else asks me anytime soon, I will not stay silent, I will have some choice words for the rude question assailant. They'd better hope I'm not in a bad mood.

:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well those people are clearly crazy! You look awesome!

rachael... said...

Maybe it's not the size of your belly...maybe you have the beautiful pregnancy glow about you??? ;)