Thursday, August 25, 2011

deep thoughts

1. I was just throwing out/gathering for donation tons of kids clothes and toys and wondering... since doing this is SO NECESSARY in order to avoid clutter and complete chaos... and I don't do it often enough (maybe only twice a year?!)... if I SCHEDULED days to do this, like months in advance, to set aside a morning or afternoon completely devoted to purging... would I do it? Would that really work out? I feel certain that other things would come up and take priority. I think I'm gonna do it and see what happens.

2. I feel VERY behind in just discovering the fact that Addison can play computer games all by herself and actually really enjoys it. She plays all kids of learning games and is really good! I wonder how long she could have been doing this, had I known about this completely uncharted territory of entertainment for my kids! And I wonder, does everyone know about this but me? I never hear any moms talking about their kids playing computer games. Is it bad? Should I not encourage it? Oh my. I just went through a complete thought process here on the blog, in real time. Wow. Now I just really don't know how I feel about these computer games!

Thoughts?

Edited to add: I didn't want to post this on facebook, as I really try not to put completely random and pointless things there, unless I think they're funny, in which case they're not useless. Anyway, it feels like it doesn't belong here on the blog, but I didn't know where else to put it. I'm just trying to justify blogging nonsense. Carry on.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Emma has a leap frog hand held thing. She plays it maybe 2 hours a day. It has a stylus and she practices writing letters, counting, and it even has a puppy on it that she can wash and feed. We like it.

Megan has a mobigo game...it does a lot of the same things and is actually more for Emma's age. AND it's pink. Just sayin'

We live in a modern world, yo. I'd rather her be playing one of those little games than watching tv because it at least engages her.