Monday, August 29, 2011

Recipe

This is a crock pot recipe I found that claims to taste like Rudy's creamed corn. Wanted to put it here because I can't "pin" it and don't want to forget about it.

1/2 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup of half and half
2 lbs of frozen corn
1/2 t each of salt and pepper
1 T sugar

Throw it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

Oh, and here's another one:
BACON RANCH SLOW COOKED CHICKEN ~
2 Tbsp Real Bacon Bits (I use 1/2 bag or jar)
1 tsp minced garlic (can use powder)
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Chicken Broth
1 cup Sour Cream
4-5 Boneless Chicken Breasts (skinless) (I poke holes in them with fork)

1. Combine first 5 ingredients.
2. Spray crock pot with Pam & put chicken breast in crock pot.
3. Pour ingredients over the chicken breast.
4. Cook 3-4 hours on HIGH until done.
***Makes an excellent gravy to serve with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles***

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've been looking for some new crockpot recipes since it's too hot to turn the oven on these days! I'm so glad you posted these! Thank you!