Sunday, March 1, 2009

As good as it gets

Today I cleaned house, and these pictures display just how clean and organized my home ever REALLY gets. You might notice that the room appears to have vomited Elmos, Doras and other various toddler toys. And to think, I used to convince myself that I would always have my beautiful house, and that we would just always put the toys away, so as not to interrupt our adult decor. Ha!



We obviously need tie-backs for our curtains. It's always something...

The laundry that is sitting on the couch will still be sitting there tomorrow, and probably the next day, too. Except it won't be the same pile, it will just be a constant rotation of laundry. I sometimes really feel like I am always doing laundry. I definitely feel as though I am always looking at laundry.

When I clean, I usually clean everything in the house, pretty much just surface cleaning- dusting, vacuuming, tidying up. And then somewhere in the house I completely lose it and crazy deep clean, sometimes for upwards of three hours. Today I went psycho in our laundry room. Yikes! Spilled detergent, with laundry lint practically cooked together on top of our drier. Massive amounts of lint behind the drier. I literally vacuumed the entire room, top to bottom, for 30 minutes. Then bleached the washing machine.


It's a good cleaning strategy for me. As long as each time I clean I focus mainly on one room, everything stays relatively clean without being neglected for too long.

Here's the clean kitchen. Literally the cleanest my kitchen ever gets. High chair tray in the sink, a pile of dishes next to the sink. Pretty tidy, and VERY clean (I scrub out kitchen a LOT. I HATE a dirty kitchen). But it's never perfect. There's always one more thing that needs to be done.




Hm. This blogging business might be getting out of control. I mean, I am blogging about cleaning my house. Yeah, it's time to be more picky when deciding what to blog about. Starting with the next blog.

No comments: