Sunday, March 29, 2009

We have a talker!

Wow. What a difference even a month makes. Addison is constantly surprising us with her expanding vocabulary... here's a list of words that she says (I know I am missing quite a few, sorry).

all of her colors, except orange
car
truck
bus
grass
tree
jump
run
strong
wet
rain
water
bread
juice
milk
banana
orange
meat
ham
cheese
apple
yogurt
ice cream (me meem, but still)
cookie
shoes
socks
pants
shirt
jammies
eye, ear, nose, mouth, hand, foot, knee, leg, head
park
play
swing
slide
dora
pablo
elmo, of course
nana, papa, grammi, grandpa, gaga
Adam
auntie ("giti")
Jude
baby
blocks
house
school
phone
hello
goodbye
bed
bath
fish
doggie
kitty
on
up
down
cold
boo boo
ouch
hot
book
diaper
hiney (for her prescription diaper cream, happy hiney)
chair
couch
hair
bow
please
Thank you! *we get compliments all the time re: her manners. She always says thank you when someone gives her something- it's precious! I hope she keeps it up! :)*

And her favorite...
"no!" I know this is normal for her age, but Addy has many shades of "no". From passive to aggressive, to everything in between, my daughter has mastered the art of NO. Not sure how I feel about that.

There aren't too many 2 word combos yet, unless she is repeating after somebody.
Oh, speaking of repeating...
"I. Lug. (love) YOU!" She has that one down.

I've also heard her repeat not so nice words after me- "damn" and "hell" stick out right now. oops. After those two, I have really, really made an effort to watch what I say. So far, so good.

While I'm bragging, she can also plie, heel dig and arabesque :)

There you have it! Night night!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is quite a vocabulary! Way to go Addison! Don't worry...Sheridan has repeated some not so lovely four letter words after me. Oops! And maybe she can teach Sheridan how to do heel digs.....and everything else she's "supposed" to be doing in dance class. :\

Anonymous said...

You forgot Allie, Annie, & Lola (probably Gusso too), hummmm trying to think oh yeah, Backyardigans, Cinderella, I think Micah and maybe Abbie....just wanted to add more, she is quite the genius....just like her cousins!

holly b. rios said...

such a smarty! you forgot to add that she says "hoggy" (holly) haha i love her heel digs...too cute!