Friday, February 27, 2009

Confessions, Pt 3

This conversation took place between myself and, we'll call her Sharpay.

Sharpay: "My daddy was in the hospital."

Ms. Sarah: "Oh no! Is he all better now?"

Sharpay: "Yes, he was very, very fat and they sucked all the fat out of him and now he's skinny"

At this point in our conversation, I wondered, had I ever met Sharpay's dad? Did Sharpay's mom seem to be the type where it wouldn't be strange at all for her to be married to an extremely obese man? I quickly discovered, I don't know. And I moved on.

Ms. Sarah: "I'm so sorry he was in the hospital, is he home now?"

Sharpay: "No, he's out of town for 2 weeks, and then he'll come home."

hmmm...not so sure the facts are coming at me straight here...

Sharpay: "He swallowed a quarter and they had to cut a line in his tummy to get it out"

again, hmmmm....what REALLY happened here? I must ask Sharpay's mom.

After class, Sharpay's mom informed me that the little 4 year old completely made everything up. Well, except for the out of town for 2 weeks part.

I've got to give her AND her mom kudos.

To her mom for having her in a perfect class to nurture and grow this extraordinary imagination. She is in out Theater Arts Class, where we add theater arts and movement to the ballet and tap class. Sharpay thrives in this class.

Kudos to Sharpay for coming up with the most elaborate stories and having me hook, line and sinker. Her mom says she's concerned about Sharpay as a teenager, but I look forward to it. She is going to be BEAUTIFUL, dramatic, funny, silly and FUN! That's my prediction anyway.

Oh and for those of you who were completely confused by the Sparpay reference: Sharpay is a character in High School Musical. And "our" Sharpay LOVES High School Musical. In fact today, while playing the princess game, she was pretending that Troy her "crush and boyfriend" was in the castle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it love it!!!!! And thanks for the compliments!!! we love you Ms. Sarah!


Sharpay's mom