Saturday, July 9, 2011

Accents

I don't know why... but I have an, what some might call, "obsession" with british accents. I'm trying to acquire one (not to use permanently, of course, because that would just be weird). No, no... I only want it to be used for fun. Remember, what's fun for you is probably different from what's fun for me. You may have noticed this in previous posts. You probably did, actually.

Accents. Yes. I try to use them when we're at home, having normal conversations. "What, Addison? You want more juice? Of course, hang on just a minute, mommy will have your juice after she finishes the dishes. Oh, I forgot to tell you that we have plans to go have dinner with some friends tonight. Yes, won't that be fun!"

I like it! It's fun!!! Maybe we'll get to have a conversation while I'm speaking with a british accent. Wouldn't THAT be fun?!?!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

We do that too. Although, we're Boris and Natasha...aaaaaaand that sounded kinky and was NOT meant to. HA

Once, I was at a theme park with a friend and we had British accents all day long. People kept asking where we were from and we would say Texas. (I had never even been to Texas at the time) Then we pretended to practice and "American accent" in front of these people and laughed and told each other we sounded ridiculous. Pretty sure people that we were nuts. :-P