Saturday, July 23, 2011

Product Overload

Ever wondered what products I use to keep my skin and hair so radiantly beautiful?

No?

Well Shut Up! because Imma tell you anyway.

So.

You know I love me a good bath. I find bath salts to be essential nowadays and recently I've been loving EO Bath Salt in both coconut & vanilla and Chamomile and Lavendar. I get it at Whole Foods and LOVE IT.

While bath salts are a luxury, and not something I indulge in every day, moisturizing is essential and I DO "splurge" and moisturize daily. I use Cera-Ve Moisturizing Cream from head to toe. It's perfect for face, elbows, legs, whatever. Perfect combination of light and creamy. No scent, either, which I actually like.

For soap, I like to use bar soap. Loofahs creep me out. I feel like they harbor way too much bacteria. (I don't use sponges for dishes or housework for the same reason. Eew.) Right now I'm actually using Caress, because I can't buy expensive *everything* and it was on sale. And I really, really like it. Will buy again when I'm out. It's not filmy at all and is just barely scented.

For my hair I have two different products, depending on whether I'm air drying or blow drying. When air drying, I use Shu Uemura Liquid Fabric Texture Spray. While I *like* it, I can't honestly say that I love it. I haven't found anything I LOVE when air drying, unfortunately. This is the best I've found. When blow drying, I use Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide, and I DO love this product. Not greasy at all, but does a great job of keeping the hair smooth.

Make-up. Put together the facts that a) I've been driving Mike's car lately because my inspection is due on my car, b) my make-up bag is in my car, c) I'm a combination of lazy and forgetful, which leads to my not getting the stupid make-up bag out of the stupid car, and you'll get the fact that d) I haven't been wearing make-up lately. But the products I WAS wearing regularly, I was very happy with.

For "powder" I use LORAC perfectly lit luminizing powder in luminous. I put "powder" in quotations because it really doesn't look or feel like a powder. It just kind of highlights and gives a slight shimmer to your face. I really, really love this stuff.

For my eyes, I use Clinique color surge eye shadows in purple. Every Christmas my mom gives us Clinique make-up bags, and this was in last Christmas' bag and I LOVE it. I also use a white shimmer right under my eyebrows, no specific brand- whatever is cheap. I think it's covergirl right now.

I always curl my eyelashes and use mascara, and I have no idea what kind of curler I use, or what kind of mascara I use. Whatever mascara is pink with a green top, that's what I use.

When going out and actually DOING my make-up, I always darken my eyebrows. I just find that it finishes the look. I recently found Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer and am loving it.

So, there you have it. Fire up the google and get to looking for these fabulous products. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Your first few lines had me laughing.

If you're interested...if not, I'll tell ya anyway....I'm lame and a tomboy when it comes to products in that I don't care....for the most part.

I use Cetaphil on my face...which is a must as I'm allergic (they make me break out) to most any soap with a sent. I use Caress liquid soap with my bacteria filled loofa... (side note, William used a loofa and dove body wash when I met him...loofa. Is it "loofa?" It's going to be loofa.) But I change my loofa out every other week. And I don't use sponges either...ewww

Anyway. For my hair, I use Dove shampoo, or herbal essence if I have a coupon (glamorous I know)

I use Cetaphil lotion...it's thin, but works well without making me oily, and there is no scent.

I DO however, have a deodorant obsession. Fer realz. I have over 15 full/half full scents, brands, etc. I like to switch out often because I always worry that my body will get used to it and I'll stink or something...I have issues.

For makeup? Grocery store, covergirl for the eyes, I LOVE the stuff that's a kit made for blue or hazel eyes....it looks good with everything I wear. I use Neutragena foundation.

I can't spell.

I like cake.