Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beaming with pride

This weekend was our first dance competition. I have 3 teams: 1-3 grade, 4-6 grade and 7-9 grade. Sadly, I do not have any pictures (seriously, not one!). The girls all looked so cute, and danced so well. I am just so very proud that they represented me and my studio so well. I honestly wouldn't have cared what the results were. Good thing the results were AWESOME.

1-3 grade team (junior rising stars) competed jazz and novelty
Division 1 in both dances (90 or better from all judges)
2nd place in both dances

4-6 grade team (rising stars) competed jazz, novelty and lyrical
Division 1 in all 3 dances
2nd place in novelty
Soloist McKennah Robertson (shout out to Ginger... HOLLA!) FIRST PLACE. Amazing.

7-9 grade team (Envision) this was our 1st year to have a 7-9th grade team!! competed jazz, modern and lyrical
Division 1 in Modern and Jazz
1st place in Modern and Jazz
we were one stinking point away from division 1 and 1st place in lyrical!

Again, I just am SO PROUD!

2 comments:

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

Congrats!!!! That's awesome. And I'm getting so excited for Elle to join a 2yr old class this summer! :)

Julie said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!