Thursday, January 8, 2009

Celine!

Well, folks, I can mark one more thing off of my "before I die" list. I saw Celine Dion in concert. Of course, a) meet Celine, b) be one of Celine's dancers and c) become best friends with Celine remain on the list. But I'm young, and have nothing but time ahead of me.

You see, Celine... Celine Dion is my favorite. Favorite, favorite, EVER. (see sidebar- "window into my soul") I was SUPPOSED to see Celine in Vegas. Mike and I even had tickets, but the show was canceled at the last minute by Celine, throat infection I think. And then we just got busier and busier, and before we knew it, she was done with her show. And I cried.

When we found out Celine was coming to San Antonio, Mom bought tickets for me, Mike, Melissa and Adam. Unfortunately Melissa and Adam couldn't make it down from Kansas, so my college roomie Rosie and her sister Stella joined us. Yes, I did say that Mike went with us. I so love him. Not only does he appreciate and like dance performances, he pretty much appreciates and wants to share with me anything that I love. I SO love him. He did say (and this made me smile and wanna hug him real tight), after he mentioned that he really didn't like Celine's music, but was looking forward to the show: "Well, all I know is, there had better be dancers." And he was totally serious. I SOOOO love him.

So, last night was just so amazing. Like, Ah. Maze. Ing. I'll spare you the details, but I will share a few pictures I snapped.


Her stage was very cool. She performed to all sides, which was nice- there really were no "bad seats". And the stage changed levels throughout the whole show, sometimes the band was below the stage, as they are in this picture, and they would sometimes shift to where they were above the stage, and the center part was even higher. The dancers (there are a few on the outer part of the stage) were so good. And the choreography, oh la.


The drama!

Now, if I could just find out when dancer auditions are for her next tour... one more thing to check off the list!

No comments: