Tuesday, May 12, 2009

update- no pictures :(

I guess I feel like I owe an obligatory blog, it's been a while... Have to admit, I do appreciate a good opportunity to brag, so I will update you on a few of Addy's latest developments:

She really seemed to start talking overnight. There are way too many newly mastered single words to list. She is now frequently putting two words together: "green car", "red shoe", "come on" (when she's playing with Lola or my mom's dog, Allie), "hi, guys" are a few that stick out in my mind right now. Addison also says "love you" and my favorite, "night, night, mommy". She also says "night. night, Daddy". Too sweet. She says lots of 3 word combinations, if repeated after someone else: "brush your teeth?", "read a book?" I am just so proud of her. I feel like I say this all the time, but I love her more today than I did yesterday, and HOW is THAT even possible?

OH! And she has been defeated!!- Daddy and Mommy won!- her paci is no longer referred to as her gaga! We have been trying to get her to call it a paci for-EVER (say "pa"... "pa", say "ci"..."ci". say "paci"... "gaga"). Anyway. It's her daci now. Close enough.

Right now, (and hopefully forever!) Addison loves her friends and cousins. When we pull up to school, she says "friends?" with her "where are they?" hands. She is very popular with her class, the moms are always like, "oh, you're Addy's mom- my son is always talking about her!" Her last two notes in her bag after school had "cheerful" and "followed directions" circled on her little card. Can't ask for more than that.

She could play outside for hours at a time. And she is fiercely independent. Doesn't want any help climbing or balancing. At all. The independence plays a large part in our day, actually. Not just outside play time. I think most of you know this, but Addison is OBSESSED with shoes. And jewelry, but really shoes. She has to put her own shoes on. No discussions.

I love my little firecracker more than I could ever express. She and Mike were wonderful to me on Mother's Day, and I am so thankful for my beautiful family.

And can I just say- Addy will be TWO in a week? whaaaa?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes she is sooooo cute!!! Can't imagine our family without her! She adds so much to our lives. What an angel!

Sarah said...

oops, that was GaGa not Sarah, although I'm sure Sarah feels the same way, obviously!