Sunday, May 31, 2009

so THIS is what being a mommy feels like.

First, just have to say it before I forget to say it. Addy says the cutest thing ever when she wants to cuddle, or be held. She outreaches her arms and says "hold you". She also pulled out a "kiss you" the other day when I was driving and not able to respond to multiple "hold you"s. Tugged at my heart strings. So sweet.

Anyway. I have been SO busy and stressed lately, that I have not been at home or available to "be" with Addy when I am at home due to work. I have not worked (yet) today, and it's been AWESOME.

Today Addy and I had a fun morning. We ate breakfast together (which, sadly, is rare). We watched "Princess Movies"- she really wanted Sleeping Beauty. She's her favorite on her jammmies, books ,etc. Seems to me that Sleeping Beauty is hardly in that movie at all! I had to fast forward a LOT for scenes with the pretty princess. They were far and few between. But when Sleeping Beauty was on screen Addison was in HEAVEN. She actually danced around when the classical music came one and would say "Addy princess?" "Addy pretty?". OH. HOW. CUTE.

At this point, I decided to bring all of her dress up clothes upstairs to my room. She wore her barbie dress and changed her high heels about every 5 minutes. She carried her purses (which were also switched out multiple times) and she watched Cinderella. Again, lots of fast forwarding, but not as much. The part with the glass slipper really captivated Addy- it was funny. We all know by now how much she loves shoes, so it was funny to see her captivated by the shoe storyline.

I should mention that while this was happening, Addy was allowing me to put laundry away and "clean up". Good girl.

We cooked lunch together. (Again, sadly, this rarely happens. Like, never happens). She wore the apron and oven mit that grammi gave her for her birthday. We watched the water come to a boil, and Addison poured the macaroni into the water. For the rest of the prep time, Addy "cooked" with her cooking toys. It was very cute. And fun.

After lunch, we had story time for about 45 minutes. "Nother one." "one more".

Now, she is napping and I am looking forward to the rest of the day with my sweet girl. I think we might go swimming at GaGa's :) (good thing about that is that I can get some work done while she plays with her cousins and auntie and uncle are there to help watch the kids while they play).

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Mike is away all day :( Golfing this morning. Movie this afternoon. I'm flying solo.

That's all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you had a fun day! You certainly deserve it. Sheridan also says (or said) "hold you" when she wanted to be held. I love it! I think it's the cutest thing and sadly she doesn't say it as much anymore. :(