Monday, December 15, 2008

You only turn 30 once.

So why not celebrate for 3 days? That's the way I see it anyway. Friday night Mike's parents took us out to dinner at Mimi's cafe. Their good friend Jim was in town, so he joined us, and we had a very nice time. Addison had run a fever all day, but was acting okay, so we decided to go ahead and take her with us. Mimi's wasn't bad. I'd probably try something different next time. Perhaps I'll try the cobb salad. Because apparently the cobb salad is DELICIOUS, what with Addison eating all of her Grammi's. Sorry, Grammi. Poor thing left dinner still hungry because Addison ate all of her salad!! I regret that I didn't get many pictures. This was mainly because Addy wasn't feeling well and was either in Grammi's lap or my lap. So, here she is in Grammi's lap.

Saturday night we went out with a few friends to Fonda San Miguel. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. From the second you walk in the door, it is an experience. A very good experience. yummy drinks, yummy food, good times. Here are just a few pics from dinner. (Bobby, I am sorry you're not in any. You had the stupid yellow glasses on!!)



Holly and Don


Haila and Brandon



Mark and Kristine
After dinner, Brandon and Haila had to get home to their baby, but Holly and Kristine were down for dancing! Our husbands must have loved it when we listened to Britney's new cd in the car. "Boy don't try to front I I I know just just what you are are are... Womanizer, woman-womanizer You're a womanizer Oh, womanizer, oh You're a womanizer, baby You, you, you are You, you, you are Womanizer, womanizer Womanizer" Anyyouknowit'sinyourheadnow... excuse me, I got distracted... oh, yes, dancing. Well we all know I love to dance. So, all I will say is we had fun :)


Then came Sunday. Dinner with my crazy family. Seriously, I have SO many good pics from this evening. Let's see... Melissa and her family got all dressed up and good-lookin'. Addison was feeling much better and playing along for photos (sort of). Melissa drank a few and got really um, spirited. And mom made me an outfit (yes, she MADE me an OUTFIT) that is socute I just have to share a few pictures...


Okay, so the picture is cheese and not great. But, Mom MADE me this outfit. And bought the heels. A win-win!




Adam and the President's wife



This picture just makes me laugh.


We ALL got a good laugh out of this one. Abigail was so jovial and friendly, and the second we asked her to pose for a picture with Melissa, this is what we got. This was after Melissa had been enjoying the spirits, and we teased her, asking "now, which one is drunk???" Maybe it was only funny there. Hmmm, I don't know...


"Mama, why are you so giggly? Can't you see this is a time for reflection?"


Oh, just so sweet!
And my birthday weekend came to a close with a few games of Dance Dance Revolution. Thanks, Melissa and Adam! It is SO much fun!!


So, yeah. There you have it. My actual birthday is today, but I was too spent from all the weekend fun to do anything special today! (Besides the normal Monday routine, of course) Thank you everybody for your birthday messages, and to those of you who helped me celebrate this weekend.

Here's to getting better with age!!

2 comments:

Hunter_H said...

Happy Birthday! So glad we got to see yall while we were in town. Love the blog!

~Jessica & Jake

Melissa Darst said...

I am loving your blog.You are hilarious. Happy belated bday! Your mom is so awesome!