Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's that time!!

*Disclaimer* This post is potty-centric. There might be potty details that would, to some, be considered TMI. However, having given this disclaimer, I would also like to point out that this story is obviously about Addison, and that on any day, Addy's cuteness outweighs any discomfort you might feel when reading about her poops.

There, I feel better now. So. Addison is READY to potty train. It is becoming more clear to us every day, that our suspicions of a strong personality were indeed correct. Addison is very much a "I will wait until I am ready"... for everything. Doesn't usually take her long. Take riding her bike for instance, she wasn't interested until she had watched and figured it out enough times, now she rides her little tri-cycle. Very well. So, again, Addison is READY to potty train. She is obsessed with wearing panties. (don't get too excited, she's not in them yet) She asks to sit on the potty all the time. So, we've had a few success stories. The first was at my mom's house. My mom knew Addison was interested in trying to go potty on the potty, so told (read: bribed) her that she'd buy her a new Barbie Doll if she pooped or peed on the potty. This made her very excited. She ran to the potty, we pretended that her current favorite Barbie Doll went potty, and her cousin sat there next to her and helped her... "when I used to go poo poo for the first time, I just closed my eyes, breathed real big and pushed it out!" It was so sweet. Anyway, somewhere in there she managed to poop! In the potty! Hooray! So, of course we headed to the store to grad a friend for her Barbie. (she wanted Alexa and Leanna from The Diamond Castle). We also decided to buy a mix of small things to be kept in a basket to give her as rewards. (I tried stickers and m and ms as rewards, but she was not interested. Didn't even want to eat the candy. Again, the girl knows what she wants). We picked up a mix of little books, little bracelets, little hair clips, play doh, a princess microphone... and she remembered it first thing this morning. When it was time for the next poop, she didn't tell me she needed to go, I just read her signs, ran her to the potty, and again she went! And *TMI* she loved seeing her poop in the potty. She was so excited, she ran straight to the basket and picked out her microphone*. We've tried to get her to pee, but it usually happens less that 30 seconds after she's given up, and it ends up on the floor... Oh well, it can't be too easy, right? She also got some play doh after another poo poo and LOVES it!

*I just want to revisit this microphone. I didn't quite know what sounds/ songs/ noises it made when I bought it. I hate this thing. It plays "Be Our Guest" From Beauty and the Beast" and all Addy sings along is "SONG" "SONG" SONG" in a pitch, tone, note, whatever, that is totally indescribable. It's not singing (she totally can sing, pretty well, actually), so I don't know what she's "singing" into her microphone. The best description I can come up with is when rowers will say in unison "STROKE" "STROKE" STROKE", this is kinda how Addison sings: "SONG" SONG" SONG". Over and over and over... on top of relentless "Be Our Guest". It DRIVES me CRAZY.

Anyway, I have all week off (yippee!) so hope to cover major ground here. Wish us luck! My big girl! Time flies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry....GaGa