Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa's visit

Hmm. I hate to start each of these posts with how sick I was, but I truly feel that this plays an important part in these stories.

For example, at this point, I was doing the bare minimum I needed to do to carry any of my Christmas duties. We did attempt to bake Santa some cookies, and well, I lost steam so went to bed and Mike let the cookies burn. Like to a crisp. So, I decided that we made a good enough effort, so Santa would just have to get his damn cookies from the neighbors this year. I wasn't about to start over. Rewinding to the night before, our Christmas Eve celebration at Mike's parents... I was responsible for bringing a sweet potato bake (Paula Deen's recipe, you should try it, it's deelish). I got so far as boiling the potatoes, again lost steam, went to bed and said "Screw it" when I woke up. Nu-uh. It just wasn't going to happen this year. When it came time to out out the reindeer food that Addison had made in school, well, I didn't remember til I was in bed (yes, again), and I'm gonna be honest- it wasn't enough to get me out of bed. Or to even call Mike, who was downstairs, and be forced to talk- which was pretty much torture.

SOOOO. OO. Santa. You all know how excited I was to be Santa. So I slept on the couch while Mike assembled anything that needed assembling. Two hours later, he woke me up, and we laid all of Santa's gifts out. The set-up wasn't nearly as pretty as I'd imagined it, but I didn't care at the time.

Santa WAY over-did it. Addison needed a third of what she got.

Oh, and again... sorry about the lack of pictures!





Yes, that's it for tonight. I fully intend on completing the Christmas saga tomorrow. One less thing to think about.

No comments: