Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Husband the Gleek

Earlier today John Stamos tweeted (yes, I follow John Stamos on twitter. Don't look at me like that) a link to a website along with the caption "#12 is my favorite". My curiosity was peaked, so I clicked. It was an article on a RIDICULOUS website titled "Is my husband GAY?". A totally serious article on a totally serious website that was totally unintentionally hilarious. Here's #12 that John Stamos was referring to:

12) Love of pop culture
It’s quite common for young men to enjoy the science fiction end of popular culture, but when your husband becomes overly obsessed with romantic and feminine shows, that is cause for alarm. Gossip websites, Glee and The Golden Girls are three well-documented icons of the gay movement that genuine heterosexual men avoid.

(John Stamos recently guest starred on Glee)

Where I'm going with all this... Mike likes all of the above mentioned things. This is REALLY funny to me (and him). He keeps up with celebrity gossip- mostly through me, but I HAVE seen him checking out some of my favorite sights when we was bored. He also likes The Golden Girls, but WHO DOESN'T? What REALLY made me laugh tonight though was two things: 1. Mike told me (before I told him about this silly list) that he downloaded "Forget You" from a recent Glee episode. It's Gwyneth Paltrow singing a censored version of a song that's apparently titled "F**k You". It really is actually a cute song! 2. When he went to sleep tonight, I was still up and working on my laptop, so he fell asleep listening to his ipod. The first song he listened to (and loudly)? "Forget You". HA!

What I LOVE about Mike is he is who he is, likes what he likes, and doesn't have any concern for what others might think of him. Such a good quality. I love him :-)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LMAO- Yes! You just described my husband too. Musical theater/music composition major, the only straight guy in the dept. AND He LOVES Golden Girls. I'll catch him watching a marathon and he always says, "Ya know? Sophia was really the youngest one." Yes William, I know. We like Glee, but we don't really keep up on celebrity gossip much.

My husband hates sports, but he loves me, and that's all that counts. I'm going to have to go find this website you speak of for a good laugh.