Sunday, December 19, 2010

Radio City Christmas Spectacular!

Ugh, I wish I had more pictures. I do realize that posts with photos are much more enjoyable than "wordy" posts. I'll try to keep this brief, I promise.

We had been looking forward to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes for a LONG time. It came on PBS once earlier this year, I recorded it, and Addison and I have watched it COUNTLESS times. When I told her we were going to see it LIVE, she was super excited! We were literally counting down the days.

So, first we met up with my family for lunch at Hyde Park Grill. Yum.



Aannnnddd... that's all the pictures I have. Of our WHOLE fun day. Boo!

The show was great. Since I'd seen it so many times before, I guess you could say it was a *little* less spectacular for me, but I still THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself! Addison's favorite part has always been "The Nutcracker" scene, and it did not disappoint. Her eyes were GLUED to the stage, she really soaked it all in. And Aiden loved it too! He sat in my lap for the first 30 minutes, bouncing and dancing, never looking away from the action on the stage! At the last minute, one of Grandma's caregivers canceled, so I was able to invite my friend and neighbor, Stephanie (and her 6 year old daughter!). Stephanie and I discussed the show last week at Bunco, so I knew she really wanted to go. Having them there with us was lots of fun. :-) Addison got a Rockette Barbie (how could I resist? I mean REALLY) and GaGa bought her the signature Rockette santa costume. It is SO CUTE. She hasn't agreed to wear it yet... She has to decide that it is HER decision to try it on, and after that, I'm predicting that she will never want to take it off. Just a guess.

After the show, we went to dinner at Hoovers. Sounds like we eat a lot... it's true, we do. Micah was at our end of the table, away from all of the other kids, and he certainly kept us all entertained. He's very... argumentative lately. :-) He knows EVERYTHING. And wants you to know it! It's SO hard not to laugh at him. At one point, he sneezed and I said "bless you". He said to me "I can bless you myself." Another time, I complimented him on his shirt. He answered "It's not a shirt. It's a soldier shirt." He is such a stinker. And I love him so much.

So, yes, we had ANOTHER fabulous day together, me and my little family with my BIG family :-) I love having my mom and sister so close. And I love that all of the cousins are so close. Ask Addison who her best friend is, and she'll answer "Abigail. ... And Jude. ... and Micah." Love it.

No comments: