Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Been a While

Life has been totally crazy. I've obviously been terrible about keeping up with this. In an effort to catch up, this will probably be a totally random and really long post. Maybe after I get a few things blogged it will be easier to tackle the rest. So, here goes. Let the randomness begin.

Addison has been coming up with some crazy names for her dolls and horses lately. My favorite ones, off the top of my head, are Morzic, Argis, Borzic. She also will make up stories or songs and she likes to use the word organize a lot. I guess she likes the sound the letter "z" makes.

This one is totally random, but it just happened yesterday and for some reason gave me and Mike a good laugh. For a while now, Addison hasn't called me "mommy", but "MOM". Often said in a whiny/know it all/TEENAGER tone: "MOOOOOOM". When she's upset, she'll call me "momma" but NEVER "mommy". ANYWAY, Mike and I were talking to her about that yesterday, asking her to please at least call me "momma", not "mom". She asked Mike if she could call him "dad" and of course he said "NO!". So she suggested the name "handsome". I joked about how it would sound for Addison to say "hey, handsome" when addressing Mike. Then she suggested the name "handsome booty" and this REALLY tickled me and Mike. That's all. Seems now that it's in writing that it's not funny. Oh well.

The next story is about poop. You've been warned. Most of you know that Addison has struggled with pooping. I think she is fearful of it hurting... stemming back to a LONG time ago when she struggled with truly horrible constipation. So, she still goes in a diaper at the end of every day. If we withhold the diaper and insist she use the potty she will literally hold it for DAYS. To the point where it really does hurt her. We try and try and TRY to convince her that it won't hurt her, that she's too old for a diaper, blah blah blah. WELL, LAST NIGHT SHE SAID SHE WAS READY TO GO ON THE POTTY! AND SHE WENT TWICE AND ONCE TODAY! HOLY CRAP I'M EXCITED! (no pun intended)

Aiden's awake from his nap now, which means that I can't have the computer open because he'll just drool, bite, or pound on it. So some upcoming posts you can all look forward to: Uncle John's visit, Angel's wedding and Addison's spontaneous big girl decision she made at the mall today.

Sitting on the edge of your seat, aren't you?

No comments: