Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

First day of school was a great success!

I dropped Addison off in her classroom first, since I expected Aiden to have a rougher time. To our surprise, Mrs. Haedge wasn't there- she lives in Steiner Ranch, one of the main areas devastated by the wildfires. Nobody knew whether her house is safe or not, I hope it is. These wildfires have caused so much devastation and tragedy. Ugh.

So, today Addison had Ms. Amy, her teacher from the 2 year old class! Yay! We love Ms. Amy! Addison had no problems with first day jitters, she marched herself right in and didn't look back! I DID get a great big heartfelt hug and kiss before she left me, though :-)

After big sister was successfully dropped off, Aiden and I walked down to his room. We put his backpack and lunchbox in his cubby and walked him to his little chair. He did GREAT! There were at least two VERY LOUD AND UPSET babies already there (I say at least two, because that's all I remember seeing, but the sound of the cries were much louder than only two kids!). The poor teachers had their hands full! As much as I wanted to stay, I knew it was best to let the kids and teachers just close the door. So I gave Aiden a big hug and kiss and told him I'd be back soon. I snapped this picture from the hallway.
Right after I took this, he started crying. :-( I walked away, and when I walked back by on my way out about a minute later he was done crying and eating his goldfish.

When I picked Addison up, she told me that she had a GREAT day. Aiden was very happy to see me, and his teachers said he did great. They said he did have a few minor moments of tears, but that they were short lived and as long as he had his teddy bear and paci he was happy. We weren't in the car longer than 2 minutes before he was fast asleep. He woke up while I was transferring him from the car to his crib, and he hasn't slept a wink since. Ohboy.

Aiden is EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME now, so I only got pictures of Addison this morning. Aiden IS in the second picture here. This was the best I could do.




No comments: