Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm 0 for 3 with these Pinterest recipes. I made Paula Deen's Chicken Spaghetti Casserole and it was...meh... I'm maybe not giving myself enough credit. Mike and I both ate it for lunch the next day, so that says something, right?

The next meal I attempted to make was an overnight blueberry french toast casserole. I was so excited about this! Woke up to it this morning, threw it in the oven, an hour later, it was an undercooked, under mixed, yucky mess.

The NEXT meal I made was a stuffed crescent rolls covered in cheese. It was OKAY. Kinda like a hot pocket, but not. I'm trying, really I am! I WANT to feed my kids meals from home! I really do! We're just all so picky! Any suggestions?

Bless my family, I hype up these "homecooked meals" that they'd "better appreciate!" and then I turn out mediocre food at best. And they do it with a smile on their faces. :)

I try, I REALLY REALLY do!!!

Edited to add: DUH. I also made "heaven in my mouth" crock-pot chicken and dumplings AND a not so heavenly bbq and pineapple chicken. What a massive oversight leaving these two meals out of the original post was!

No comments: