Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Addy's school orientation

Tonight (while parents were unhappy at the studio- see below), Mike and I attended Addy's pre-school orientation. Oh, we are SO excited about this year of school for Addison! Her teacher's names are Ms. Amy and Ms. Sarah and they are great. Each month we will be given a curriculum list, things the class will be learning and working on. For example, in September, they will work on: the color yellow, the square shape, getting to know you and me, new friends, the five senses. They also give us a list of songs they sing so we can reinforce all of this at home. They have a music teacher come in every day, they do an art project every day and have story time and table activity every day as well. (in addition to indoor and outdoor play time, snack time and lunch time). I am SO excited! Yay for Addison and yay for school! She starts next Wednesday, so I'm sure I'll bloggy blog to let you all know how her first day went.

Oh, and Addy and I get to go on Friday so she can meet her teachers and get acquainted with the classroom, etc. I am very much looking forward to this as well. :)

2 comments:

Hza said...

So, are you going to get teary eye'd when you see her go to school for the first time?

Sarah said...

She went to school last year, and surprisingly, neither one of us cried on her first day. Separation anxiety has kicked in now though, so we might have some tears this time around (hers, not mine). I am way too excited for her to experience everything to be sad.