Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Confirmed Vertigo. And dreams that come with being sick.

Par for the course of back to school, I caught a "bug", and fell violently ill late Monday evening. High fever, vomiting, diarrhea, GROSS. It lasted for about 12 hours. Once the fever, etc., subsided, and I was able to keep liquids down, I still felt awful. Which is normal, comes with dehydration, but I really felt AWFUL. Very similar to the symptoms I blogged about a few weeks ago- the allusive vertigo. Today was no better- I could barely drive Addy to school. Could barely walk straight. Really could barely lay in bed without wanting to barf everywhere. So I went to the doctor. She confirmed what I thought was going on (maybe I should be a doctor!!)... caught a bug, vertigo coincidentally followed. The vertigo might last 48 more hours due to the dehydration remaining from the bug. She said that if I get another bout of vertigo within the month to call back, that they will want to do MRI testing, etc., to rule bad things out. She gave me a prescription to help with the dizziness, and I am feeling so much better already.

So there's that update.

Just wanted to throw some other thoughts out there... while sick, I have the strangest dreams. Always do.

One dream I had was that Jon Gosselin had died of a sudden heart attack, and it was HUGE news. And in the same dream, Britney Spears was very pregnant with K-Fed's baby, and they were all the way back together. This dream also had Kim and NeNe from the Real Housewives of Atlanta at happy hour with me, they were very enjoyable and I was baffled by their "edit" on the show.

Please don't judge me for the things that are obviously deeply seeded in my sub-conscious. I can't help it.

Another dream I had was in regards to a dance studio/team that we closely compete with every year. And that we have lost too many students to. Bess, Melissa and I were "shopping" for a new studio location for some reason, and stumbled upon their studio during one of their practices. There were many familiar faces, that part of the dream was not fun. But when they started to practice, the dream got GOOD. Their routine was America themed, and the choreography and music choices were atrocious. Wish I could remember the songs. I'll bet if I try hard enough I could, but there's also a good chance that all that will do is drive me more crazy, so I'm not gonna do it. Sorry. But I CAN remember that they ended their dance with a large screen coming down from the ceiling, playing video of a Jonas Brother (the curly haired one) seriously, no not seriously, SERIOUSLY, reciting the pledge of allegiance and the dancers kneeling on one knee, almost bowing to him. Bess and I giggled so bad and had to leave before the dance was over. It was very funny, and somehow I woke up happy from this dream. Until I realized I couldn't turn my head without wanting to barf all over Lola, who sleeps ON TOP of me during nap time. Neat.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Well, I am sorry about the vertigo and stomach bug :( Hope you get better soon!

On another note, your dreams are hilarious!!! :D haha.