Friday, November 13, 2009

42 Days until Nine

Holy crap.

Um... where do I start? Let me rewind. Did you see Chicago? As in, the movie Chicago? It's my favorite movie. Even more favorite than Sixteen Candles. The way the song and dance were seamlessly ingrained in the story- the direction. It's, in my opinion, perfection.

The following video is rehearsal footage from Nine, a movie directed by Rob Marshall- the same talent who directed Chicago. I guess I wouldn't feel right without putting a slight disclaimer here. (However, truth be told, I feel really silly doing this)

Some (okay, one) people (person) I know were (was) slightly put off by the sexuality of Chicago- the lingerie, provocative choreography... and I'm going to go on record as saying I have no problem with it. I say a big fat WHATEVER, it went with the story, made the story, was in line with the Broadway show it was based on... and I'd rather see pretty people in lingerie than blood, guts and violence any day. Wow, I'm sorry. Getting off of my soapbox. The following preview might, if you for whatever reason had issues with Chicago, make you uncomfortable. There. you know who you are. you're welcome.

Carrying on. Please enjoy. Daniel Day Lewis. Penelope Cruz. Kate Hudson. Judi Dench. Marion Cotillard (gorgeousness). Nicole Kidman. Sophia Loren. I can't wait for December 25th. Have no idea what it's about but CAN'T WAIT.

3 comments:

JuliaThomas said...

Oooohhhh! I've been hearing all about this but this is the first I've seen. Looks awesome! I can't wait!!!

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

WOW. What a cast! That looks awesome - and Chicago is my fave too!!! I had not heard of this yet so thanks for the preview!

holly b. rios said...

awesomeness!