Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yum

Yep, instead of posting our Halloween pics and stories, I am posting a recipe. In my defense, I left my camera at a birthday party last weekend,(or the weekend before... when WAS Halloween?), memory card and all, so I can't Halloween blog until I make a trip down south to pick it up.

So, tonight I made a yummy dinner (this in itself is blog worthy, am I right?), and the recipe is just too easy and delicious not to share.

Ingredients:
4 boneless Chicken breasts
2 T Butter
10 3/4 oz Cream of Celery soup
1/2 c Dry white wine
1 t Tarragon or rosemary leaves,
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t Garlic powder, or garlic
8 oz Canned mushrooms, drained

Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot. Mix all ingredients and cook on stove over medium-low heat until smooth and hot. Poor the mixture over the chicken and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. Serve over rice.

I didn't have mushrooms, but know that they would have made the sauce even more delicious. Mushrooms are a must next time. I also saw a variation with a cup of sour cream, making the sauce more like a gravy. I may try it this way next time. I was a little concerned about the chicken being dry, was thinking that maybe I should have used dark meat. However, I was way wrong. The chicken was super moist, it fell apart at the touch of a fork.

My next cooking experiment is Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. I am going to take it to our neighborhood Bunko next week. If it's as delicious as it sounds, perhaps I'll make it for our family Thanksgivings. Check it out here.

Yum!

1 comment:

Mageetribe said...

That recipe sounds really good. I love crock pot meals...thanks for posting. And I LOVE Paula Dean's Gooey Butter Cakes...I make all of her variations when I need to take a dessert somewhere, and they are always a hit...The pumpkin one is MY FAVORITE...it's to die for.