Saturday, May 22, 2010

ADDISON'S THIRD BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Wow! What a fun party! If anyone who was in attendance reads this blog, THANK YOU for coming- we hope you had a good time. Addison said on the way home that it was "such a special day!" and that she "loved my party SO much!". I think it was a hit :-)

Cousins Micah and Jude were two of the first guests to arrive. They dressed as knights, and decided that they would stand guard over the door to the studio, and made sure only princesses or princes would enter.

Princess Addison had no problem entering and exiting the studio.

The party started with some "free time". Excuse the boxes and bags in the back ground. Recital is in 3 weeks...

Then the kids all played a game where they made a big birthday cake for Addy.

Then they played "The Princess Game", in which they have to run and leap over the wiggly worms to make it to the castle.

Addy's turn:

Audrey's turn:

Cierra's turn:

Aashrith's turn:

Erin's turn:

Elle's turn:


Embyr's turn:

CAKE TIME! Is this not the most beautiful cake? And would you believe me if I told you that it tasted even BETTER than it looked? 2 flavors: Strawberry Shortcake: Vanilla with fresh strawberries and whipped cream filling, and Chocolate with cookies and cream filling. YUUUMMMM.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl :)

All of the party attendees enjoying their delicious cake

Our "big girls" borrowed tutus from the studio, choreographed a ballet routine, and put on a short performance for the birthday girl. I must say, maybe because I'm their dance teacher, I thought it was adorable.

Next was present opening. I'm not gonna lie. There will be no posted pics of this part, a) because my hair was cray cray, and b)I am 9 mos pregnant and not looking my best. Suffice it to say, she got some AWESOME gifts.

When we got home, Auntie brought her gifts over: A new (to Addison, anyway) Bike and scooter! YAY! She also got a canopy to hang over her bed to make it a "PRINCESS BED".

And here we are... at the end of a LONG day. The silliness had taken over, I'm afraid :)

Again, thanks to all who came and helped make her day special. She really had THE BEST TIME.

2 comments:

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

Elle had the best time too! She talked about it all evening and loved looking at the pictures on your blog just now.

And props to you for blogging the DAY before you go in to deliver your baby boy! ;)

Thanks for having such a special party... fun, fun, fun for all!!!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad Elle had fun. Some of these pictures are great of her- captured her excitement perfectly :)

By the way, I just want to be all caught up on blogging before my life forever changes and I have EVEN MORE to blog about. So, I might appear crazy... and maybe it's more than appearances :)