Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Story #1

Well, well, well... I certainly have had an exciting(?) 48 hours, to say the least. All day yesterday we held our dance team auditions at the studio. I got there at 8am, and was scheduled to be there til at least 9pm. I was swollen, big, and surprisingly in good spirits! There was one little incident when my back started hurting so bad, I was reduced to tears, but sweet Ginger saved the day :)

SO. Around 6:30, I kinda thought my water had broken. I changed my pants and underwear (so sorry for tmi) and was still pretty sure that I was leaking.

So, I called my doctor, and of course they wanted me to go to the hospital. The amnio test came back negative, BUT, when they were monitoring me and the baby, I had about 3 really hard contractions within 5 minutes (it really felt like one huge five minute long contraction) and during that contraction, the baby's heart rate dropped from 140 to 75. So, of course, they wanted to keep me there to stay under watch for a while. I continued to have contractions about every 20 minutes, but none of them were "hard", they were pretty mild. About 2 hours passed, and no joke, just as the doctor came in to send me home, the exact same thing happened again. Super hard, long contraction, baby's heart rate dropped real low again. So, they decided to admit me and keep me under watch all night. I had a couple more random episodes, still maintaining the mild contractions every 15-20 minutes. But, by the time the doctor came to check on me this morning, I hadn't had a big scary contraction in about 5 hours, so they let me go home.

So here I am, blogging, with no baby in my arms. Boo hoo. :-( I am still having contractions every 20 minutes, pretty much on the dot. But unless they get crazy painful again, I wait this out. Til Monday, the 24th at the latest. AAHH!

No comments: