Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's the little things...

So I was just folding and putting away laundry and was thinking about my kids, my life, and decided that I needed to stop and put my thoughts in writing, because I know that I will never remember these little details of our life without somehow preserving them- and what better place than here?

1. Addison says the funniest/ cutest things these days. For example, if she sees something that she really likes (a new Barbie for example), she will say "OH. MY. GOODNESS. LOOK. AT. THIS. HOW CUTE!!"

2. She also says "it's MY turn to talk!" when she's throwing a tantrum (tantrums are taking place DAILY lately) and I'm trying to reason with her. "It's YOUR turn to listen!!"

3. She is SO. PARTICULAR. Everything has to be just right, or it will no doubt lead to a hysterical fit. Barbie's hair has to be just so, and "just so" changes from day to day and I never, ever know what "just so" means. She will completely melt down over the craziest things (again, changes day to day). Today she had a 15 minute meltdown because I poured her juice "too high", whatever that means. Oh, and she is super, crazy, big time obsessed with her clothes...

4. Which leads me to this story. Today we went to Target to get her a new jacket. This cold front quickly alerted me to the fact that she doesn't have one that fits! So, we were at Target and there were 2 other moms in the girl's section, and they both were really enjoying the interaction between me and Addy. I would pick a jacket out, and she would always dismiss it with a reason along the lines of "I don't like that ruffle there" or "it would come to 'here' on my leg and I need it to come to 'HERE' on my leg" or "that's not the right color purple". Then she would counter my offer with an "OH. MY. GOODNESS. Look at this! It's SO cute!" long, fancy Holiday dress. I'm afraid that she's turning into a high maintenance fashionista very quickly! (For the record, we finally DID agree on a jacket, and she has pre-selected her Christmas dress. And I am certain she will not forget this.)

5. She's finally LOVING Aiden! Oh my gosh, it's the cutest thing EVER. He barely laughs for me, but he seriously gets the giggles when he is playing with her! He loves to sit in his swing, and have Addy run back and forth in front of him. He gets the biggest kick out of it! He also thinks it's funny when he grabs her hair. She thinks it's funny too (although the first time it really hurts her will be very dramatic. Just a hunch).

6. Speaking of Aiden. Oh my goodness he is the most precious, amazing, awesome baby EVER. His smile is contagious. He is super laid back, go with the flow, happy ALL THE TIME. I love him! (duh, right?)

7. He's finally sleeping more. He sleeps from about 8:30pm-1:30am, then wakes up again at 4:30 then 7:30. Believe me this is an improvement. I would have never thought that I'd be happy to type those words.

Oh, and also. Here's a picture that Holly took during our holiday card shoot. Look at my amazing, sweet family. How did I get so lucky?

3 comments:

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

Sweet post Sarah - great memories to document for sure. And #3 sounds JUST LIKE Elle! AAAAhhhh!! :)

gaga said...

Just wait for the hormones!

Frank Day said...

Sounds like one of your babies might be in UF withdrawal. Working on a "fix" for her around Christmas. That should calm her down for a week or so.