Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is was a Thanksgiving of firsts for me.

First time I prepared everything I needed to prepare the night before.

First time using all fresh, all organic ingredients in my dishes.

Well, except for my oreo pie, but it was the first time I've ever made an oreo pie, so I'm still putting it on this list.

First time I was late arriving to a Holiday celebration.

Because...

It was the first time I've ever had a 3 and a half year old fashionista to get ready for said Holiday! Aahhh!! We started getting ready at 10:30, were out the door close to 1:00. Let's just say Addison's high emotions were the cause of delay.

First time Melissa's hosted Thanksgiving at her house. Great job, Melissa. (incidentally, guess who's started blogging? MY SISTER! Welcome to the neighborhood, kid)

First time drinking Mom's spiked punch. And it was GOOD.

First time I didn't finish decorating our tree before bed time. I'm going to bed with a half decorated tree, and I don't even care.

First time I have someone very small helping me decorate, who just happens to have a very strong opinion about how she wants things to look.

So it's my first time to let go of the idea of perfection with the tree. It's perfect now because the decorating is truly a labor of love between me and Addison.

First time Mike didn't help decorate. He sat on the couch, hand on his belly, and watched the UT A&M game.

First time I've had the "what are we grateful for" conversation with Addison, where it held any meaning... She is thankful for me, her Daddy, her brother, her Barbies, Sleeping Beauty, and nice fluffy pillows. I am thankful for her, Mike, Aiden, bubble baths, Elf the Movie and coffee.

Hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving with the ones you love. We get to do it again tomorrow with Mike's family! Can't wait!

No comments: