Saturday, February 21, 2009

In case you were curious (?)

I was talking to my girlfriends the other night, (holla to my girls), and we were talking about baths. Scintillating, I know. I told them my bath "process" and I was told I should "totally blog about that". Maybe it's interesting? I doubt it. But I'll do it anyway.

I take a bath pretty much every night. I do this mostly because I hate our shower. But I also love my baths, so it works out well. I do the same thing every night. Light one candle, turn on the night-light and catch up on celebrity gossip via my blackberry. The nights that I wash my hair I have a strict routine. The timing of this is essential, and after years of bathing, I have it down to a science:

I fill the bathtub and soak- head to toe, for as long as I want or as long as time will allow. After I have done the whole clean, shave, etc. process and am ready to get out, I put shampoo in my hair and start to drain the bathtub. I then turn the water on and wait for it to get back to a comfortable temperature (it is always so COLD at first!). By that time the tub is about 1/3 full still, so I am still warm. I rinse the shampoo, quickly condition, and by the time I am finished rinsing the conditioner, the water has completely drained. I then do a quick all-body rinse off and voila! Sarah is clean!

There ya have it. The secret to my success.

1 comment:

Haila said...

I agree, scintillating! Too bad I hate my tub. Maybe someday...