Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Had A Dream

Aiden and I stayed home sick today :-( I can tell I'm running a fever because I just had THE CRAZIEST dream during a nap. I always dream crazy when I'm sick.

I went to Wiggle World in Dallas by myself. Like as in the theme park that revolves around the Wiggles TV Show. That's not even the weird part.

Before I went to Wiggle World, I checked into my motel. Not HO-tel, MO-tel. This detail is critical. To me, anyway. It was NASTY. And for some reason this didn't bother me in my dream as much as it does now. The bathroom and "office nook" were one area. Like, the chair for the desk was the toilet. I had wine packed in my suitcase and packed it with me as I got ready to go swimming at Wiggle World.

So Wiggle World was a gross water park. Most people I remember from my dream had oversized white t-shirts on over their swim suits. And all of the lifeguards were young- like maybe 11 or 12 years old. I swam in the shallow water for a while and decided to get an inner tube to go on one of the slides. The lifeguard who was working the slide was a guy I went to high school with. I don't know who reads this, so he will remain nameless. If I reveal his identity, he will think I am a total LOON for dreaming about him, seeing how our paths haven't crossed once since HS. Anyway, he helped me get on the water slide. At the end of the slide, there was a girl lifeguard to take my tube. I gave it to her and she saw my bottle of wine. I got in big trouble for having it. (DUH) So I told her she could just keep it. And she did. And drank it right there while still on duty.

I got in my truck (yes, my TRUCK. My OLD, DIRTY, SMELLY-that is a real detail from the dream- TRUCK) and headed back to the motel to get dressed to meet Mike at a showing of The Jersey Boys. I got ready in the bathroom/office and had the tv on in the main room. I overheard a news story about George Clooney that was crazy so I went and sat on the bed to watch.

George Clooney was in another country and was being extradited to the United States for owing lots of money in taxes. There was video footage of him in said other country and he was a mess. A grizzly, old mess. He was with his girlfriend who was wearing an evening gown and looked perfectly put together. Another detail of this news story was that he'd been eating obscene amounts of chocolate during all of this drama.

So, I somehow was ready to meet Mike at this point, so I went to the truck and he was already in it, ready to go to Jersey Boys. He was wearing a pair of khaki shorts that he really does own- they are "house" shorts and have approximately 10 holes in them and are frayed at the bottom. His shirt was old and dirty. I was wearing... wait for it... a black skin tight tube top mini dress.

This is the point in the dream when I woke up. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, people.

2 comments:

Frank Day said...

You need to become a writer in Hollywood. All you will need is a personal assistant who can watch you and wake you every time you seem to be having a dream.

Hza said...

Did you happen to have a dream inside your dream? If you did, you just 'Inceptioned', and blew all our f--- minds.