Saturday, September 18, 2010

MaryJane's 5th Birthday Party

Addison and MaryJane met at Princess Camp this year, and Addy was SO excited to receive an invitation to her birthday party! MaryJane is one of the SWEETEST kids I've ever taught- I'm always glad to have Addison socializing with nice girls :-) (Believe it or not, at 3, there are already girls displaying "mean girl" qualities. Ridiculous, right?) MaryJane's mom, Katie, also happens to be one of the sweetest people I know, and amazingly strong and awesome to boot. She had twin boys a month before I had Aiden, and handles being a mother of four beautifully. Don't know if I would be able to say the same thing about myself.

So the birthday party was at Sharky's, the same place Addison got her hair cut and nails painted a while back. IT WAS THE CUTEST PARTY EVER. I'm seriously considering stealing this idea for Addy's next birthday.

First, each of the girls got to pick out a beautiful dress and accessories (hats, boas, etc). Addison chose this pink "princess dress" with pink fairy wings.

Then they got to get make up!

Next up, they got their hair done. Addison chose braids. They offered curling, straightening, updo's... SO CUTE!

And then it was time for manicures!

Here's the finished product... Princess Addison! (she insisted on bringing this mermaid to the party. Don't ask me why)


While all of this was going on, Aiden was keeping the mom's entertained. He was passed around from mommy to mommy- and he loved it! I hadn't met any of these moms before, and they were all so nice and super complimentary of how cute Aiden is :-)

Now it was time for the fashion show! They had a little stage, with curtains for the girls to come out of one at a time. They introduced each girl... here was Addison's introduction.

"This is Addison. She's 3 years old. When Addison grows up she wants to be a fairy!"(I couldn't get good pics of this moment because I was holding Aiden)

BUT... a sweet mom videoed all of the girls and emailed me Addison's fashion walk debut!!


Here's MaryJane, the birthday girl!!

I just love this picture. MJ and a friend SO EXCITED about their manicures "backstage" just before the fashion show!

Group Picture.

MJ's birthday cake. Her mom made this. Told you she was amazing.

Addy and MJ eating cake. Happy Birthday, MaryJane!!

1 comment:

MrsKatherineA said...

Yay! I'm so glad Princess Addison had so much fun, MaryJane has talked about her quite a bit - she actually pointed out to me at the party 'Look Addison is here with her mermaid!' :)

I am so happy Sharkey's made me look so good...that was seriously the easiest party I've ever done - they did everything! I am just so happy the girls had such a good time, the pictures are so cute! Thanks for all the sweet things you said Sarah, I'm glad we're friends!