Friday, September 24, 2010

The Things She Notices...

A conversation in the car on the way home from school this afternoon:

"I love you Addison."

"I love you too."

"Do you know what it means when I say I love you?"

"You give me hugs and kisses! And kisses and hugs!"

"Yes, that is what it means. It also means that I think that you are very special and I want you to always be happy, to never be sad, and I will always take care of you, no matter what."

"Well, when you're a little girl, and I'm a grown up, I'm going to take care of YOU!"

"That's so sweet, Addison. But I won't ever be a little girl again. I'm a grown up."

"Why?" (side note: OMG "Why" is without question the word we hear most of these days)

"Well, because that's the way life works. First you're a baby, then a kid, then a teenager. And then you become a grown up and then you grow old. Like Grandma. And like NaNa and PaPa."

"But mommy, I don't want to have old hands!"

(laughing inside) "Oh, don't worry- you have a long time before you'll have old hands."

1 comment:

Christina said...

Cute! Corrinna seems to think that someday I will be little and she will be big and then she will take care of me. So funny.