Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"No Way"

My exact response 3 years ago when we were told that Addison was a girl.

Today, the same words came immediately when the sonographer (is that what they're called?) shared with us that I am carrying a boy: "No way". "Way", she said, "sure thing, without a doubt." And then, after a second viewing, "FOR SURE".

So, everything checked out great. Growing at the right rate, he's just shy of a pound. (awwwe!) His brain, heart, kidneys, etc. all look normal. Not that I was really worried, but it is SUCH A RELIEF to see your healthy baby, kicking, squirming, and measuring correctly. Oh, and about the kicking, so strange to feel your baby kick and see it kick right there in front of you on screen. SO STRANGE.

Here are some shots we got of our handsome little boy. (Boy. Boy. Boy.... still trying to wrap my head around it!)

Ooh da baby!

His little legs, ankles crossed, and his flat, tiny tushie. We have 4 months to get that tushy to be squeezable!!

And if there was ever any doubt that this baby is a boy... I've never in my life seen such a conclusive ultrasound picture. :)

So, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is all good and well. But just GET THIS:

I have gained 11 lbs. in 4 weeks. Add that to the 11 lbs I gained 8 weeks ago, I have gained TWENTY TWO POUNDS at 20 weeks. At this rate, I will literally gain 80 pounds. I really thought I was looking okay! Oh, well... I'll just get rid of the bed side chocolates, I'm sure that's all I need :)

YAY! Addison's going to have a brother! Mike is thrilled, I am shocked, and Addison is clueless! Hooray!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting and yes, quite obvious! ;) I love how you summed it up at the end with how all of you are feeling.

Hza said...

Awesome! Em and I called it, because it's 50/50. Congrats to you guys!

sharontex said...

We have a photo just like that one, and Andy was also very proud! :) Most importantly, I am happy that he is healthy and growing. Don't worry about your growing...you teach dance and will lose it!!!

The Newton's said...

You will love having a boy...take this from a mom of two!! There is nothing better than having a 'momma's boy'!!
Congrats!

Christina said...

Wow, that is an impressive u/s pic!!!!! I can't wait to meet him! Congrats again!

Haila said...

I can't believe it! I'm so excited for you and Mike and Addy! Yay - a boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby boy!!

Jonathan

The Smallwood Family said...

yay Sarah! I am just now catching up on everyone's blogs - I am so excited for you!!!! And I saw the belly pic on a recent post and you look GREAT!!