Thursday, July 8, 2010

And so it begins...

I went back to work this week. Which was pretty awesome, actually, because I LOVE my girls. I've got two REALLY great groups that I'll work with this year, and feel inspired and excited to work with them all year. It's a little crazy that I went back 6 weeks post partum- I waited 12 weeks with Addison. I just felt ready. And Aiden is great while I'm working. He either sits in his bouncy seat, or is in my sling while I teach. (He loooves the sling!) So that's good.

You'll remember from the last post, Addison is sick. She's actually more sick now. Both of my work days were doctor days as well. She's so difficult to deal with when she's sick because she WILL NOT take medicine. She gets herself so worked up- to the point of vomiting. It's awful. Of course the doctor prescribed an antibiotic, so of course we have 5 days of literally pinning her to the ground, straddling her, sitting on her hands, grabbing her head and forcing medicine down her throat. We've found, through trial and error, that this truly is the only way to do it. I will be so glad when this is all over.

You might have noticed that I haven't done an Aiden 6 week picture. And yes, tomorrow he will be 2 days away from 7 weeks. So, yes. I am starting to feel the pulls from many different directions and am becoming less "on top" of things by the day. Sorry.

And so it begins... my downward decline into being in over my head.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my you gave me flashbacks of a younger Keely and antibiotics. We had to do the same thing with her to get them to take them...so awful!! Hope that the kids feel better soon and your transition to work keeps going smoothly!