Monday, March 14, 2011

the best day ever

So, not to repeat myself (see above), but...Yesterday was the BEST DAY EVER. Ever, ever, EVER.

We woke up with Abbie and Jude still here from their sleepover. This picture was taken. We hung out with the cousins and played with them until around lunch time, when Melissa picked them up. We were all SO tired, so after lunch (grilled cheese, yum) we ALL TOOK A NAP.

Can I just tell you, if you don't have two kids, you don't understand the impossibility of that last statement.

WE ALL TOOK A NAP. At the same time. All of us. Addison even napped in our bed with us.

It was a two hour nap.

After our completely remarkable and will-never-happen-again nap, we watched Jurassic Park. Ugh, it was on cable so we had to sit through commercials (made me realize that we NEVER watch live tv anymore). But it was so fun and Addison was FASCINATED. She loved it! Her cousins all love it too, so this really shouldn't surprise me, but I have to say I didn't really expect it. It was fun to watch her watch the movie- she was so into it!

Top the day off with a fun bath and a night without tantrums, and there you have my perfect day. The best day ever, actually.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That does sound like the best day. Tantrum free baths? Do they...do they exist?