Monday, March 14, 2011

mad props

Melissa blogged tonight that since Abbie's not feeling well, she got to pick out a movie tonight. She chose a DOCUMENTARY about BEAVERS.

Um, I can say with 100% certainty that Addison would NEVER choose a documentary to watch. Never, ever, ever. Barbie or Princess wins hands down. Although, I have to say, we introduced her to Jurassic Park yesterday, and she loved it. I should blog about that, actually.

Whatever. Anyway. I'm not sure I like what that says about me as a parent. Melissa is EXACTLY the kind of mother I used to think I would be, back when I was a nanny (10+ years ago). The kind of mother I want to be, but just AM NOT. I still think I'm doing a pretty good job at parenting, I'm not really beating myself up... not really. I just really admire her for her tenacity and determination to raise amazing people. And that's what she's doing. Her kids are going to be super great people.

I mean, she chose a DOCUMENTARY. That's just crazy.

No comments: